Before there were marches, there was a band.
Celebrating its 51st Anniversary, this fiercely funny and groundbreaking play
is a true theatrical game-changer.
The Boys in the Band opened Off-Broadway on April 14, 1968. It ran for more than a 1,000 performances, spawned a national tour and several productions around the world, became a film starring the original cast, and entered gay history.
The play revolves around a group of gay men who gather together for a birthday party in the spring of 1969 in New York City. (This was shortly before the Stonewall Riots that served to catalyze the gay rights movement.) Ground breaking and illuminating, this work, through comedy and pathos, helped to spark a revolution by presenting gay men and their lives on stage without judgement.
This play contains strong adult content and language – parental discretion is advised for those under the age of 16.
- Order by telephone at 508-339-2822 during business hours
- Order by mail using our season brochure (CLICK HERE to view and download the brochure)
To buy tickets online, click on a performance date (below)
|Week One:||Week Two||Week Three|
… As the evening continues, the cracks beneath their friendships begin to show, exposing the self-inflicted heartache that threatens their solidarity.-www.playbill.com
‘Boys in the Band’ makes a poignant, timely stop in Mansfield – Patti McAlpine For The Sun Chronicle
- NOTE: Only MMAS Members and Season Passholders can exchange tickets.
No exchanges are to be made on the day of the show for any reason
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS: your returned ticket will be taken as a donation.
- All tickets are held at the box office and will be available for pick up starting about one hour before performance.