Ready. Set. Purchase and Renovate!
The Mass Music & Arts Society (MMAS) is thrilled to announce the pending purchase and renovation of an underutilized building in Mansfield, Massachusetts. This future home of the MMAS Arts Center at Great Woods will feature a 250-seat theater, education classrooms, rehearsal and meeting space, and a beautiful lobby that will be the new home of the Morini Art Gallery. A VIP roof terrace will provide spectacular views of the Norton Reservoir and a catering kitchen and community rooms are available for rent for conferences, meetings and events. The new center will be handicapped accessible and will also have over 100 onsite parking spots.
MMAS Arts Center at Great Woods will secure its place as the premier regional arts destination in Massachusetts. The arts center is directly across from the 20,000-seat outdoor concert venue, Xfinity Center, creating a true arts hub. Set on the picturesque Norton Reservoir and situated in the Mansfield Cultural District, the arts center will be easily accessible from major highways making it an even more accessible and desirable destination.
Look to the MMAS Arts Center at Great Woods for award-winning theater, music, art, education, community events and more.
Donate. Naming Opportunities. Join a Tour. Become Involved.
MMAS launched a Capital Campaign to raise 3.2 million in order to purchase and renovate our new permanent home. Our mission is “to enrich, inspire, educate, and entertain through high quality theatrical productions, and educational programs in an intimate setting.” In order to meet our mission and provide the region with a thriving arts community, we rely on the generosity of individuals and businesses like you for support.
A range of naming opportunities are available for individuals, families, and organizations enabling you to pay tribute to your relationship with MMAS or to honor someone special in your life. Support the arts and create a meaningful, visible and lasting legacy while helping to ensure that your generosity will be recognized for years to come. Contact Abigail B. Young for details.
25 Years of Support Has Enabled Us To:
- Present 8-9 plays and musicals each season.
- Entertain over 100,000 audience members with our award-winning productions at reasonable prices. (tickets as low as $24)
- Host several concerts of varied genres each season.
- Create the MMAS Academy: teaching performing arts, dance and voice to kids, adults and seniors in our classes, workshops and summer programming.
- Have many of our youth students return year after year because their parents recognize they are also learning essential life skills: leadership, teamwork and goal-setting.
MMAS Theater makes an economic impact on the surrounding area:
- 80 performances/annually inspiring local residents and visitors to spend their dollars in town for dining and entertainment.
- Attracting 10,000 patrons/annually from Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and beyond.
- MMAS Arts Center at Great Woods is located in the Cultural District of Mansfield and will be promoted as a Massachusetts cultural destination.
MMAS is a good neighbor and community member:
- Partnering with local restaurants, businesses, public schools, colleges and museums to create mutual opportunities.
- Giving more than 500 tickets to local senior citizens and nonprofits, such as school fundraisers, each year.
- Engaging with the local Tri-Town Chamber of Commerce and several Massachusetts Rotary Clubs.
To help MMAS reach our Capital Campaign goal of 3.2 million dollars we ask for your support. Become a founder of a regional arts center – where the joy of the arts will enrich lives, bring people together and brighten spirits of all ages.
You can participate in Setting the Stage; A Capital Campaign by making a cash gift, a gift of securities or a planned gift. Other opportunities include a Family Gift, Business/Corporate Giving, a Legacy Gift, a gift from your Foundation or become a yearly contributor.
Schedule a Tour and see for yourself!
Schedule a tour for an individual, family, business or organization.
Join the MMAS family! Get Involved!
Volunteers are a vital part of MMAS whether you are painting sets, working backstage at performances, ushering in the front of house or volunteering on a committee. We want you to be a part of our growing family.
Contact Abigail B. Young, Development Director, at (508) 339-2822 or email@example.com to inquire about any of these opportunities or if you have questions.