Updates and Relief Fund
As we at MMAS navigate the unchartered waters of the COVID-19 pandemic, we do so with all of you in mind. You are the heart of MMAS and we are working diligently behind the scenes to assure an immediate return to all classes and programs when the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) deem it safe to return to normal activities. In the meantime:
- MMAS is offering private voice and acting students the opportunity to take lessons on-line. If you are interested in registering for on-line lessons, please email, Dori Bryan-Ployer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, abbreviated lessons, exercises, and challenges will be posted to the MMAS Facebook page.
- MMAS has had to cancel planned performances of the upcoming 2020/2021 season.
- Check back for virtual and in person (where protocols can safelu be utilized) Academy training programs.
Here are a few things you as patrons, families, and students can do to help MMAS!
- Students: Continue studying your scripts, dances, and music. We will be back sooner than you think!
- MMAS Audiences: Our 2020 Season has been hit very hard when we had to shut down our remaining performances. If you purchased a ticket and are in a position to donate that money back to MMAS – this could make a significant difference in the financial loss of that show.
- Visit MASSCreative and consider writing a letter and/or email on behalf of MMAS.
- Make a donation– It is with reticence any organization asks for money right now. But as is the case with any non-profit, MMAS relies on the support of its donors. It is now more important than ever our patrons and donors make donations of any amount. Please consider helping us at this critical time.
If we stay connected, we will come out on the other side in better shape than if we disengage. Let’s stay united, and active in our pursuit to keep MMAS going – and in doing our part, rallying on behalf of MMAS, we will protect an organization that has come to mean a great deal to ALL OF US.
Stage director William Ball reminds us that if you “have a hard time loving something, imagine its absence.” I say, “If you are having a hard time justifying your support for MMAS, imagine ITS absence.” MMAS is a Mansfield mainstay. Our plan is to keep it that way.
Sincere thanks for your ongoing support,