“Close Encounters” Photography Exhibit
The Morini Gallery at MMAS is committed to supporting our local artists.
Artists were invited to explore the concept of macro and/or close up photography. There is something magical about seeing a subject up close and personal. Think of an old watch, a flower or even some food items that could be shot on your kitchen table. The shapes, textures and colors come to life in the world of close up photography. This is not strictly a macro exhibit. Close up photography can be loosely defined as larger than life size.
Show dates: January 18th – March 24th 2019
Drop off dates: January 14th – 15th 2019, 10:30am – 4:00pm
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 19th 2019, 5:00 – 7:00pm
Pick up dates: March 25th – 26th 2019, 10:30am – 4:00pm
Rich Berg – Nosh
Rich Berg – So Happy 2Gether
Amanda Briggs – Leaves
Amanda Briggs – Ford F-100
Patricia Cabral – Wise Guy
Patricia Cabral – Inching Along in a Sunflower
Diane Danthony – Painted
Dan Gyves – Hosta Blossom
Dan Gyves – Lupine Leaf
George Lowell – Ever See a Tripod Walking?
Linda Mansur – Dancing in the Sunlight
Ali McFadzen – Curls
Ali McFadzen – Flower
Ali McFadzen – Puffball
Ali McFadzen – Rose Gold
Ali McFadzen – Winter
Joseph Melendy – End of the Line
Joseph Melendy – Rolling Rust
Joseph Melendy – The Iron Line
Donna Parker – Inside the Nautilus Shell
Donna Parker – Inside the Green Leaf
Judith Razee – Peeling Birch
Ken Salome – Fallen
Ken Salome – Gallery Light
Marjorie Sardella – “Floating Above” ~ A Day Lilly in Bloom – A Gardener’s View, Franklin, MA
Ray Scanlon – Close the Door
Robert See – Alligator
Robert See – Ready to Fly
Robert See – Berries
Lisa Shea – Selfie
Rebecca Skinner – Life Finds a Way
Rebecca Skinner – Hippie
Rebecca Skinner – Settled
Mike Zeis – Lipstick Lichen
Mike Zeis – St. Thomas Peeling Paint
Exhibition Rules and Regulations:
1) The Gallery will retain a 30% commission on works sold which is considered a tax deductible donation to MMAS.
2) Accepted work that is framed must be framed appropriately with frames that are in good condition. Frames should be wired approx. 1/3 of the way down from the top of the piece. No saw tooth hangers. We will not accept work that does not meet these guidelines. If pieces do not appear as they did in submission or are not in good gallery-ready condition, the gallery reserves the right not to hang them for the exhibition.
3) Work must remain at the gallery thru the entire exhibition.
4) All entries must be original works of the artist and cannot have been previously exhibited at the Morini Gallery.
5) All entries accepted will be eligible for publication in MMAS promotional materials and press releases.
6) By agreeing to these terms, the artist understands that while MMAS handles all work with the utmost care, MMAS is not responsible for loss or damage.
7) Work that is unclaimed after 90 days from the scheduled show pick up date will be considered a donation to the Morini Gallery.
Please fill out an entry label for each work accepted into the exhibit.
Shipped work must arrive no later than January 15th 2019. Please include a return shipping label.
The Morini Gallery
Attn: Close Encounters
377 North Main Street
Mansfield , MA 02048
About the juror:
Marie Craig is co-founder and director of Fountain Street, a contemporary art gallery in Boston’s SoWa arts district. Her passion is to make original fine art accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone, while engaging artists in the process of marketing their work to the public. In her role as gallerist, Marie has curated numerous exhibitions, and has juried several international calls for art.
An artist herself, Marie photographs places and things that have a hidden, forgotten beauty within them. Her work has received a number of awards and has been shown in galleries and museums throughout New England.
The Morini Gallery | 377 N. Main Street | Mansfield, MA 02048
Hours: 10:00 – 4:00 Tuesday thru Friday or by appointment.
Theater patrons are able to enjoy the gallery before show performances and during intermission.