The MMAS Black Box Theater, 888 South Main St Mansfield MA 02048 is proud to announce auditions for:
Autobahn by Neil LaBute
Directed by Becky Smith
- Auditions – Tuesday, January 19th 6:30-9:30 – Zoom
- Callbacks – Thursday, January 21st 6:30-9:30 – Zoom
- Rehearsals Sundays 5:00-8:00, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00-9:00 – Zoom
- Each short play will meet an hour each week
- Tech – TBD, 2 weeks before show – In Person
- Performances – April 8th-10th – Live Streamed
- Auditions will be held over Zoom
- Actors should prepare a 1-2 minute contemporary monologue
- Headshot and resume requested over email
- Please email stage manager Mya Beland at Mya.firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time and receive the Zoom link
- Familiarity with the script and playwright’s style is highly encouraged
Autobahn is a cycle of 7 short plays, all that take place in the confines of the front seat of a car. Highlighting the intimacy and authenticity of a drive, the scenes offer snapshots of conversations, arguments, and moments in the everyday American life.
Funny – Younger Woman monologues through a ride home from rehab with Older Woman, her mother
Bench Seat – A Guy and Girl park at a spot known as a break-up or makeout locale
All Apologies – A Man monologues to a Woman, his wife, about foul language and his public name calling
Merge – A Man and Woman discuss what she may have gone through with ‘several’ men while at a hotel
Long Division – A Man monologues with Another Man about rescuing his Nintendo 64 from an ex’s place
Road Trip – A Girl rides with a Man, her driver’s ed teacher, to his cabin for a weekend away
Autobahn – A Woman and Man, married, discuss their decision to foster a troubled child
The performances will be live streamed from the MMAS theatre. There will be no live audience. Couples, families, and “pods” are encouraged to audition for casting in scenes together. Intimate scenes will be cast with actual couples.
MMAS will honor all CDC protocols and plans will be updated as necessary. The intention is to live stream Autobahn, keeping all actors and crew masked and socially distanced during recording. MMAS will continue to keep pace with the CDC’s recommendations and revert to individual recordings if necessary.