Saturday, Mar. 4, 2017, featured performers: 2nd Precinct Jug Band.
Musicians local to Sharon, MA (originally the 2nd Precinct of Stoughton) who bring a variety of instrumentation to an evolving list of folk, rock and blues songs.
The theme: “Moving On” – Getting over someone, breaking up, leaving home, losing someone, etc.
Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 -Feature performers: Lisa Yves and Emily Snidman
Lisa and Emily, whose performances feature a beautiful vocal blend, have been collaborating and singing together for over 20 years. Lisa plays piano and guitar. http://lulimusic.com/
Theme for the night: “What’s her name? ” – Songs made famous by female artists.
Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017 – Featured performer: Andrew Cook
Theme for the night: “Those were the days.” – A trip down memory lane.
Saturday, October 8, our featured perfomer: Henry Gitter
Henry Gitter is a solo acoustic artist who performs both covers and original material. Henry is a veteran of the MMAS Open Mic Series.
The Theme for this night is “The British Invasion”
About Open Mic Nights:
- The open mic nights run from 7:00 to 9:45 pm on selected Saturdays.
- First up are the “open mic” performances,
- Next is intermission
- Capping off the evening is our featured performer.
- We have our optional theme each month and we invite performers to “Play to the theme or do their own thing.”
- Advance sign-up is highly recommended to guarantee a time slot.
- Sign up via e-mail to Rudy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by replying to his monthly e-mail invitation.
- Time slots are 2 songs or equivalent spoken word. Music, poetry and other spoken word suitable for a general audience are welcome.
- Mansfield Music & Arts Society is located at 377 North Main Street in Mansfield, MA.
- Coffee & desserts are included in the price of admission and are served in the art gallery throughout the evening.
- General Admission is $10 for the public, or $5 for performers. Families may inquire about special rates.