MMAS BLACKBOX THEATER PROUDLY ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR THORTON WILDER’S OUR TOWN.
Directed by Adam Joy
AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE MMAS BLACKBOX THEATER,
377 North Main Street, Mansfield MA 02048
*SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2016: 6:00-10:00 (If you are not available to attend the Sunday audition, additional auditions will be held Monday, 11/7 from 7:30-8:30 pm.)
CALLBACKS: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2016: 8:30-10:00
To schedule an audition, please email your request to
MMAS Intern Faculty, Paige Doane at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the header please write “Our Town Audition Request.”
Auditioners are asked to prepare a 1-2 minute monologue of their choosing.
Preliminary auditions will run in hour slots, with a limit of 12 actors per hour. When you schedule your audition for Sunday, Nov. 6, please indicate the hour slot you would prefer (6:00-7:00, 7:00-8:00, 8:00-9:00, or 9:00-10:00) and provide an alternative slot in the event your first choice is full. Also include the best phone number where you could be reached. You will receive an email confirming your time. If you request the Monday, November 7 preliminary audition you will be scheduled to arrive at MMAS at 7:30.
Performers ages 14 and up are encouraged to audition.
A character list is provided below. Actors will be asked to read scene(s) from the script, which will be provided at the audition.
Our Town Character List:
- Stage Manager – The host of the play and the dramatic equivalent of an omniscient narrator.
- George Gibbs – Dr. and Mrs. Gibbs’s son. A decent, upstanding young man, George is a high school baseball star who plans to attend the State Agricultural School after high school.
- Emily Webb – Mr. and Mrs. Webb’s daughter and Wally’s older sister. Emily is George’s schoolmate and next-door neighbor, then his fiancée, and later his wife.
- Dr. Gibbs – George’s father and the town doctor. Dr. Gibbs is also a Civil War expert.
- Mrs. Gibbs – George’s mother and Dr. Gibbs’s wife.
- Mr. Webb – Emily’s father and the publisher and editor of the Grover’s Corners Sentinel.
- Mrs. Webb – Emily’s mother and Mr. Webb’s wife. At first a no-nonsense woman who does not cry on the morning of her daughter’s marriage, Mrs. Webb later shows her innocent and caring nature.
- Mrs. Soames – A gossipy woman who sings in the choir along with Mrs. Webb and Mrs. Gibbs.
- Simon Stimson – The choirmaster, whose alcoholism and undisclosed “troubles” have been the subject of gossip in Grover’s Corners for quite some time
- Rebecca Gibbs – George’s younger sister.
- Wally Webb – Emily’s younger brother.
- Howie Newsome – The local milkman.
- Joe Crowell, Jr. – The paperboy
- Si Crowell – Joe’s younger brother, also a paperboy.
- Professor Willard – A professor at the State University who gives the audience a report on Grover’s Corners.
- Constable Warren – A local policeman. Constable Warren keeps a watchful eye over the community.
- Sam Craig – Emily Webb’s cousin.
- Joe Stoddard – The town undertaker.
OUR TOWN performances are scheduled: Jan. 20-Feb. 5, 2017
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile auditions Sunday Jan 22 with call backs Tuesday Jan 24
- The Great American Trailer Park Musical auditions Sunday Feb 12 with call backs Monday Feb 13
- Barefoot in the Park auditions Sunday and Mar 12 & Monday Mar 13
- Smokey Joe’s Cafe auditions Sunday April 9 with call backs Monday April 10